Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Greyson's Gift and Charity for this month!

My late January commitment to Greyson's Gift has been fulllfilled.
  I made 5 blankets and shipped them to Meryntha last week.  It probably took less than an hour to make them all, and I hope they provide comfort to someone who needs it. 

If you are interested in donating homemade blankets to Greyson's Gift, click here for more information.

As we really want our children to take part in acts of goodwill, this month my hubby had them shovel out friends and relatives driveways from all the snow we were hit with.  Unforunately, I don't have any pics of them as I stayed home with my daughter, but I was proud that the boys were able to do this to help those that are unable to handle the hard work....and yes, it was HARD work!  Fred, Collin and I also helped dig out a friend, and it was not an easy task, I haven't had a workout like that for a very loonnngg time!

This month, I am commiting to contribute 3 notebooks to the Write It Out Project.  One of the blogs I follow, I Make Stuff put out the call for fellow crafters to help her help others by making special journals to encourage military widows to express their sorrows through a unique journal.  Alida, the writer of I Make Stuff, is an Iraqi War widow, and this cause is near and dear to her heart. 

If you are interested in participating in the Write It Out Project, please visit this site for more information.


1 comment:

Jillene said...

I wish I could sew. The blankets are really cute.