Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My grandma's battle with breast cancer continues...

I just wanted to update everybody on my grandmom since so many people have been calling and emailing me to find out how her breast cancer surgery went.


Yesterday she had the small lump of cancer removed from her breast. We anticipated that she would be hospitalized for one night as she has some heart issues they were concerned about. However, she did amazingly well, and after a few hours, they allowed her to come home. They also found that the cancer had NOT spread. She was so happy and relieved that things went so well, and I am so happy for her!
She will most likely begin radiation in the next few weeks after she is healed from the surgery, but we won't know any details until she visits her doctor.
She was home by the time we were done sledding, and she was happy, talkative and very relieved that the surgery was over. I know a weight has been lifted from her shoulders and you could definately tell! And she is in heaven right now enjoying a visit with her son, my Uncle Jack, as he visits for a few days to help out.
I am very thankful how well things turned out, and I want to thank all you for your thoughts and prayers as she continues this battle with the next phase of treatment.

5 comments:

momma said...

if you go to my blog and click on the "nana's box" button, you will be taken to a site that makes photo boxes for cancer patients. you might be interested in one for your grandma. they are offered free!

Shawn said...

That is such good news!

I will continue to pray for her and the rest of the family!

Young Momma said...

Thank goodness! I'm so happy for your family!

Jillene said...

What GREAT news!!

Halftime Lessons said...

That is great news...best of luck to her and your family.

My mom is currently recoveriong from a single mastectomy, this being her second bout with breast cancer.

Thinking about you all.

Jay