Saturday, February 21, 2009

Girls morning out ------------Cinderella and Shoes?

This morning, I took my favorite little princess to see "Cinderella" at the awesome little theater near here. If you follow my blog, you will realize this is the same theater where I took my son to see "It's a Beautiful Life"
Ally was SUPER EXCITED that she was going to see Cinderella...
that is until the play began.
She wasn't getting Cinderella as a peasant. She couldn't fathom it. She kept asking, "Where's Cinderella?". But I felt a little better about that when I heard several other kids near us questioning the same thing.

When Cinderella finally had her makeover, then I heard, "Mommy, are we going home now?" I really thought she would love this, but she really just didn't get it.

After the play, the actors (in character) did a meet and greet with all the little princesses so Ally did appreciate that. When we left, she got upset because she wanted to go back and see her again.

I should have seen this as a sign we should head home,

but me...I always push my luck!

After the play, we stopped by a childrens clothing consignment shop near the theater. Allyson was enthused by the "frilly" Easter dresses they were selling. That ended quickly as she realized they had shoes.

MY DAUGHTER IS OBSESSED WITH SHOES...

I do not know how this happened.

I literally will wear my shoes to threads because they feel comfortable

until my mother starts in on me and I get tired of hearing her complain about them...then I buy new ones.

So where does this obession come from??? Her dad is surely not obssessed with his shoes...so I just don't know, but she is definately obsessed.

So off we went to look at the shoes...nothing special...nothing we needed.

But then we were starting to leave and it happened.

Allyson's first FULL FLEDGE public temper tantrum.

Definatley one for the record books!

Needless to say, we got NO shoes today.

2 comments:

momma said...

gotta love those public tantrums!

my little man threw one in aldi's the other day. he literally threw himself on the floor because i would not carry his yogurt tubes. we, also, did NOT get any yogurt that day.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Nothing cute about them....we have them once in awhile. Sorry it messed up your otherwise good day.