Monday, February 9, 2009

Cake decorating...

I cannot possibly tell you how much I am loving my cake decorating class. It has been awesome!


Today we had to bring an icing cake to class so that we could decorate it. Meeper and I did heart cakes for Valentines. Ummm, yeah, easier said than done when you have a two year old asking for a piece of it and just not getting why she can't have any. But eventually she settled on washing dishes, and forgot all about the cake.

So here is my icing cake...umm, I know I messed up the frosting in a few places, but my wonderful teacher demonstrated frosting a cake to me again, and I think I get it now.

Meeper and I had a bite to eat on the way to class, and enjoyed a nice conversation with my neighbor. I have the greatest neighbors...they ROCK!

But that is a post for yet another time..tonight is all about cake decorating....

Meeper and I came fully stocked with our cake decorating supplies. We are taking this class ultra seriously in our own giddy giggly way.

Here are Meeper's practice lines...aren't they fabulous?

You go Meeper!

Doesn't this pink icing look yummy??? Actually it is very, very sugary, even for this sugar addicted girl...but I still manage to eat as much of it as I put on the cake. Imagine that?


Whoa Meeper!?!? Don't get ahead of yourself! Put that frosting down STAT!

You are scaring me..


Here is Meeper being "one" with her cake....

Here is Meeper's masterpiece..

And here is my "masterpiece"....


And here they are in perfect harmony...


I think that Meeper and I did a very good job on our very first cakes if I do say so myself. And we definately had a great time giggling as we so often do! I have already learned quite a bit in only the first two classes. I can't wait until the next class!

And here are some of the cakes from the others in our class...

Can't wait for the next class in two weeks...but maybe our teacher will enjoy a break from Meeper and I. Meeper ended up with icing on her eyebrow and face..I ended up with it in my hair. Things can get a little wild when we are together...and the laughs just keep on going.....

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Your cakes look awesome! I suspect your families are going to LOVE you taking this class if they get to enjoy the fruits of your labor each week.

Cake decorating is on my list of things to try sometime. I'd love to take a class (or the whole series).

While none of YOUR cakes would qualify, you should go check out the cake wrecks blog if you want a great laugh.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

You both did an awesome job! I tried decorating cake once....it was UGLY and I never tried again.

Nicole said...

Next time I am going to let the teacher use mine as the sample...just kidding!

TidyMom said...

They look beautiful!! I'd LOVE to take cake decorating classes!!

~TidyMom