I "borrowed" this New Years Quiz from Shark Bait, and you are welcome to borrow it from me if you so chose. (-:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Bought a minivan, went to Atlanta, Georgia and Rochester, New York. (-:
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I actually did keep my New Years Resolution for the most part.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? YES - my sister in law had my nephew James, and one of my closest friends Joann had baby Ava!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yup. My grandfather. )-:
5. What countries did you visit? Almost made it to Canada but a snowstorm prevented that...maybe soon though.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? MONEY and for Fred to have job stability.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Halloween cause it was the last time I gave my grandfather a kiss and a hug and December 3rd when he passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I handled a lot of new responsibility that required a whole new level of organization.
9. What was your biggest failure? I got better at organizing our schedule and worse at organizing our stuff.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? With the exception of a laptop being dropped on my foot and the pain I still get occasionally from it, I escaped 2008 pretty unscathed.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Flat screen TV for my bedroom and definately my minivan!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My hubby...he has been really amazing with all 3 kids this year, and pretty helpful majority of the time around the house...and I said majority, not all the time. (-;
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Better not say...
14. Where did most of your money go? Gas for running the kids around constantly and food feeding three growing kids!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I have to say that I got really excited about Michael's championship basketball game when they won. It was unbelieveable! I was so happy and excited that he was part of that experience, and I couldn't have been prouder! (-:
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008? Love Remains the Same by Gavin Rossdale; Watch over you by Alter Bridge and So What by Pink.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder - I never predicted things would be like this, it's disappointing.
b)thinner or fatter? fatter...umm I have done nothing but eat junk food for two weeks straight.
c) richer or poorer? poorer (although with way less debt, but less income too)
I know depressing, isn't it?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Said no when I should have.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Running around
20. How did you spend Christmas? With the kids, and it was perfect. (-:
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Everytime I see my hubby playing with my daughter, I fall in love all over again.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I have several favorites, but I guess I will stick with LOST as being the tops for now...its probably the one show that I won't miss
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone, but people do get on my nerves and there are a few that I don't care for at all!
24. What was the best book you read? Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey and also the Twlight series, but I am seriously unhappy with the fourth book. What a disappointment!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I discovered a new group...located right in New Jersey...actually right in my living room...ROCK BAND...Tonya on vocals, Michael on drums, Collin on guitar...WE ROCK THE HOUSE BABY!
26. What did you want and get? A 4 poster bed, a flat screen tv, a carpet for my living room, SCAL for my cricut, my MINIVAN.
27. What did you want and not get? A camper, dresser, new house or land
28. What was your favorite film of this year? probably Twlight since I actually got to the theater, but seeing It's a Wonderful life with Michael and my Aunt&Uncle was pretty awesome too!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My mommy had dinner for me - I turned 34, which means I will be 35 this year...uggh.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Money and spending more one on one time with Michael..I am working on that for 2009
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I sported the latest yardsale trends with an occasional walmart or kohls clearance apparel thrown in....but I did actually get 7 pairs of jeans this year...thanks to a great sale at kohls...YAY ME!
32. What kept you sane? Two things..PEPSI AND ICE CREAM...okay and a bunch of my friends sometimes while I was having Pepsi or Ice cream (LOL)
Fred, Jen, Amy, Shannon, my mom have been working overtime keeping me sane this year.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I like Angelina Jolie..she went from wild to mild and I admire her volunterism...something I would like to get into when I have lesser family commitments.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? How to handle the recession has definately been a poltical issue I am following with bated breath.
35. Who did you miss? Of course my grandfather, but this year, I have also missed hanging with my cousin Amy, she has a full plate right now being a mom, going to school and working, but she knows how I feel and I support her decision to make her dreams come true cause that is what friends do. (-;
And I have missed seeing my hubby, some days we were like ships passing in the night running each kid different places and his work schedule has been crazy unpredictable this past year.
36. Who was the best new person you met? So many.....but Jillene and Annette (my bloggy friends) are pretty awesome! My hubby and I have met a lot of great people in robotics - Holly, Mr. H, Mrs. G....
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Life is short. Enjoy it while you can...and I need to make more time for my friends.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Should I stay or should I go now? (Just kidding) That song is stuck in my head from rockband.
Actually the song lyrics that I pick are from one of my favorite songs..Remember When? By Alan Jackson
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when
That was a song my cousin and I used for my grandparents 60th anniversary video, and I feel it applies to my life too.
I am looking forward to seeing where 2009 leads us..