Thursday, January 1, 2009

The First Christmas Celebration


Don't you just love the feeling of home at the holidays? This picture is definately not the best, but to me the warmth of it reminds me of family!

The first of our family Christmas celebrations was on the Saturday before Christmas when my mom's family got together at my grandparents farm.

I have to admit one of the reasons I love Christmas so much is it is a tradition that my grandmom make homemade donuts every year!!! I LOVE THEM!
Don't they look like a dream??? Actually my camera lens was foggy. (-:


Check out my nephew Colt giving me a kiss. I love that boy! And yes, he does have a korker hairbow in this hair, and his dad will not approve if he sees this!
Ally got a new babydoll from my grandparents, and she named it baby YUM YUM....no traditional names for her kids! And no, I am not allowed to be the grandmom. I held the doll, and mentioned I was a grandmom...and the doll was promptly yanked out of my arms, and I was told in no certain terms that I am not the grandmom!!! Geez...



Collin and Sam got to unexpectedly attend so it was great that they could join in the festivities. Sam got to go on a long walk in the mud and cold....I am sure she loved it! Well she didn't walk the whole way, her knight in shining armour carried her part of the time!



This is a picture of me with my parents and brother....


Check out the shirts the kids are wearing below...My sister in law Jamie did a freezer paper stencil and painted them! I loved them, and I was so touched that she did one for Ally...What a GREAT surprise! I had so wanted to try the freezer paper stenciling, but I just didn't have the time so I was so happy!



And here I am with my grandma..LOVE HER!!! Although I think she is shrinking!

So that kicked off our Christmas celebrations, and we had a great time hanging with the family! Lots of laughs, and you can't ask for more than that!

1 comment:

Samkay said...

Haha oh, yea, I so loved that walk. LOL