Friday, December 25, 2009

We were always meant to say goodbye...

Yesterday, I lost one of my best friends...my grandmom. 

The woman I spent my best childhood memories with,
the woman who taught me so many things...
the woman I named my daughter after...
there could be few losses that could compare to losing her.

Merry Christmas From Heaven
Author: John Wm. Mooney, Jr.

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love on cold wintry nights


I still share your hopes
and all of your cares
I'll even remind you
to please say your prayers



I just want to tell you
you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders
above all the crowd




Keep trying each moment
to stay in His grace
I came here before you
to help set your place


you don't have to be
perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb


To my family and friends
please be thankful today
I'm still close beside you
In a new special way


I love you all dearly
now don't shed a tear
Cause I'm spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year.






Thanks for the memories Grandmom!

5 comments:

Shawn said...

So sorry for your loss but thrilled for her and her meeting with those that have gone before her and her meeting with Jesus Christ!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure she is having a joyous reunion with her loved ones in Heaven now!

Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry! Clearly she will be greatly missed. I'm sorry but also very happy that you had such a wonderful relationship with her. I wish I could say that about either of my Grandmas. I know they loved me but they didn't really KNOW me as an individual.

Nicole said...

I'm going to miss that smile...I will always remember that smile!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

This was a very nice tribute....the pictures were great.