Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....

Except I don't have to dream anymore! 

We got about two feet of snow this past weekend...what a treat! 
It snowed all day and night Saturday, and it was beautiful. 



My cousin and I treked into the woods last week and made these beautiful boughs of evergreen, ground pine, holly and pine cones for our front windows.
 I love them, especially with the snow on them!



At night, our tiny little town sparkled with lights as they reflected in the snow.  Fred and I took a nice stroll down the deserted street to the church so Ally could see the manger and we could check out all the lights in their glory.

 It was so quiet and peaceful as the snow continued to fall.

 What a great night to rejoice in the season!




I love snow and I love Christmas so what a great gift to have snow around Christmas time!  When Fred got out of work early Saturday, he came right in and said I know you have to be happy right about now...He had no idea!  
 
But I will confess that I didn't have to do much shoveling so my happiness remained intact.  (-;
 
And there was A LOT of shoveling to be done....
 
My stepson car was in here somewhere....but we dug that out yesterday.
 
 
My van is now a sledding hill....
 
Hopefully we'll get some sledding in before it all melts,
but I think we have a couple days before we get some rain. 
 
I hope you all get what you are hoping for this holiday season! 

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Awesome! Being snowed in for Christmas is the best. Of course, it's even better when it waits until Christmas DAY when you don't need to go anywhere. We got a little snow here today (5" or so). I love the way it looks when it's falling.