Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Crayon Roll - An Easy Gift Idea!

Thanks to the incredible amount of inspiring blogs out there, I have been able to get some frugal ideas for Christmas like this crayon roll. The inspiration for this project came from the tutorial at The Idea Room....another blog that has monopolized all my time with so many awesome ideas!

I just finished my first Crayon Roll and I was very happy with the way it turned out.


I think this is a great gift for a toddler or a preschooler. It gives the kids a nice visual, organized way to keep their crayons rather than just dumping a box and I can keep it in my purse for when we are dining out or going to the doctors. I think I'll make one to take up to the nursing home with a coloring book so when we go visit my grandmom, my daughter will be occupied.

This was a quick and easy project to make and a great way to use up fabric scraps!
Alright, I must get back to work, I have a couple of blankets that I am making for two charities
that I hope to share with you by the weekend...
one has to be done by tomorow since we have a busy weekend.
Wish me luck on that! (-:

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This is such an awesome idea I think I might steal it, then I don't have broken crayons all over the bottom of the diaper bag! Thanks!