Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cake Decorating - The Rose Cake

Despite the recent absence of blog posts, my life has moved on and our cake class has been completed as of last night. It makes me very sad that I will no longer be able to have a Girls Night Out cake class every week.
We made new friends, shared lots of laughs, and just generally enjoyed every single moment! What a fun time! There is some talk that maybe we will reprise class for a fall run, and that would be lovely!
Anyways, I am behind on our cake class updates so I am going to start with the Rose cake we did about three weeks ago.
Here is my finished product. I chose to use cream cheese icing for my cake just because having the same type of cake and icing each week was getting monotous! Cream cheese icing is just a hard icing to use as I found out that night. It tends to soften and things start to slide. Our teacher had warned us of the dangers, but I always tend to love a challenge!

Below is Meeper's cake. I thought her cake turned out really nice, and even better her cake just reminded me of her. She loves lavender and purple so it just seemed to be "her" cake.

And here are the cakes from the rest of the class...I think they all turned out awesome considering we just learned how to make roses. I love that everybody does their own thing and we all used different colors...it just shows how unique we all are!

Next cake decorating post we deviate from cakes and head into candy....Sugar Mold Easter Eggs, and peanut butter eggs. Yummy!

1 comment:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

They all look great.....and I think you and Meeper should keep up your weekly girls night out...just head to Hudocks instead of the school, lol