Thursday, February 26, 2009

A faithful companion has been lost....

Today is a sad day...
My mom and dad lost their beloved dog, Cody.
Cody had a love for strange things like bike helmets and sponges, and although he often spent his time driving my brother and I crazy with his lazy carefree ways, he was a great loyal and devoted dog for my parents.

He was always mild and well behaved. My mom babied him like crazy, and took him to my grandparents farm every week.
He was always the slowest of all our dogs...following the pack, but lagging way behind...I think that had a lot to do with all the food my mom gave him all the time.

My dog and my brother's dogs will be heartbroken not to have their pal on their romps around the farm.

In the end, he ate a sponge and the pieces of it caused a blockage in his intestines. The vet had to remove 2 feet of his intestines in a surgery to try to save his life, but in the end, it wasn't meant to be....

So today we lost a friend...one that we'll always remember...a gentle soul.

7 comments:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Im so sorry to hear that....losing a pet is one of the hardest thing.

Blog Stalker said...

My sympathies coming your way! We had to have both our dogs put down at the same time and I don't think anyone is over it yet. It's been over a year and we can't bear to get another one.

Have a great day!

Young Momma said...

Oh my!!! I'm so sorry. I had to put one of my dogs down after having her for 11 years. So hard. They are like your babies. I have a pup who eats everything including paper towels! She's constantly having potty issues because of it. This scares me!!

I hope your parents are doing okay!

momma said...

it is always sad to lose a beloved pet!

momma said...

it is always sad to lose a beloved pet!

Me said...

{hugs} to all! I am soo sorry! Losing such a loyal pet friend can be very difficult

Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! Your poor folks must be pretty sad about it. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

A friend of mine lost a cat because he ate a rubber band. It's so sad that little things like that can be fatal. I'm sorry.