Friday, January 16, 2009
Lana from one of the funniest blogs around, The Kids Did What?, tagged me (little old me!) with a meme and awards. Love you Lana, you have a great sense of humor and your blog makes my darkest days bright!
Rules:a) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
b) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Okay so 10 honest things about yourself....
1. I love to learn new things! I have a short attention span, but I love to constantly challenge myself with endless projects and ideas. I cannot sit still and relax...it annoys me, I need to be going all the time.
2. I am very independent...to a fault. It takes all that I have to ask for help. I have had to do it a lot lately, but I loathe asking for help....absolutely HATE it.
3. I change my own oil in my vehicle, and I can change brake pads, although I probably need a refresher course in that. My dad wanted me to be independent so I would never have to rely on anybody...and guess what? It worked, it is my greatest asset and my worse liability. Ask my husband!
4. I can drive a stick shift, and I prefer it. Another one of my dad's requirements, but it has definately been an asset.
5. I grew up on a island....called Eagle Island. It actually had a lane attaching it to the mainland. It was an old huge Hunting Club...lots of bedrooms and plenty of places to romp around. My brother and I spent many years tromping through the muddy water and Fox Tale...hence the name of my blog~I am sure somebody was wondering where the name came from.
I plan on doing a post about it soon, I just have to gather some pics.
6. I think I have OCD...I can't have the newspaper on the top of the stack (it might be missing something), I hate when my cabinet doors aren't shut (my husband teases me by leaving them open slightly), I don't care for the last little ounce in the Pepsi bottle, I don't like "old" ice cream...and I am sure I am leaving something out that one of my lovely relatives will remind me...but it tends to run in my family.
7. I had a poem published when I was in high school. You'll never find it, it is in an obscure book. I also won a statewide poster contest when I was in 8th grade.
8. I went to modeling school when I was in high school. My dad thought it would make me happy cause I was going through some rough times. I actually did enjoy it. Of course, when it was done, they wanted me to go to Philly for more pictures, and it was too costly so nothing ever came out of it...although I do have some pictures that maybe I should post on here for a good laugh.
9. I have a passion for photography...and I have always enjoyed writing. I keep wondering if photo journalism might be for me after my kids are grown so maybe I can travel. I have tried wedding photography...it isn't for me. I did fine, but too many variables. I think I need some confidence. I did win "Best of show" and "first" place at our county fair for photography. I have been thinking of starting a blog with a photograph a day..maybe soon.
10. I love kids, and I would definately had more of them. I love big families! My husband wanted to stop when we had our son as with his son it made two, but I talked him into another...hey, he shouldn't have started without me! (Just kidding, I love my stepson like he is my own.) We had A LOT, I mean A LOT of heartache until we had my daughter. But I know people have it worse than we did, and my heart breaks for them!
And now the big announcement...who should I chose??
1. Annette at 4 Girls and a Burley Man She knows I adore her.
2. Jillene at Jillene's Journal. She is amazing!
3. Nikki at Blah, Blah, Blog. She knows how fun it is to dress up a dog and she has an awesome pool and the landscaping is supberb!
4. FlipFlop Mom rocks...literally, she has found the joys of Rock Band, and I am right there with her!
5. Sarah at Cloverlane because she made snow ice cream with her adorable kids...something I love to do! And her blog is charming!
6. Lana at The Lettered Cottage because she had a rock song written about her, how awesome is that!? And the song rocks!
7. Carrie at The Buzzings of a Queen Bee because she is learning to sew, and her website is awesome!
So thank you Lana for my award and the meme! Its been fun! And check out these blogs as they rock!
Lovingly written by Tonya at 9:44 AM