Tuesday, December 9, 2008

100 things survey...have I bored you yet?

Hubby is making dinner (YAY!) so I am stealing this from my stepson's mom...check out her blog if you haven't already.

RULES: There are 100 statements and you bold the ones you have done. Grab it and play for yourself!!
1. Started your own blog - YAY!
2. Slept under the stars - camping and on a houseboat in Lake Powell - although at Lake Powell, I got cold and chickened out..but it was fun laying there and watching the stars... it is so beautiful there!
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower - several times...so awesome!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - I used to do this a lot, but I now realize I can't afford it and never could..but I really want to help people. )-:
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain- I have done this a couple times..and I can barely breathe...I am really out of shape!
9. Held a praying mantis - don't all mother of boys?
10. Sang a solo
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch-drawing, sewing, knitting, painting,I love to try new things!
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables - every year!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept in an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight -My son and I always had pillow fights, and yes, we used to jump on the bed too just for fun. Why not? life's too short!
22. Hitchhiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill - yeah, many, MANY times
24. Built a snow fort - when I was little, I was involved in building one with my extended family...we were always sledding, or having snowball fights!
25. Held a lamb - my grandparents have always raised sheep so I had to hold lambs every spring while we did lamb maintenance.
26. Gone skinny dipping - for me to know, and nobody to find out. LOL
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (solar) Yes, and I even have it on video tape from my teenage years...my boyfriend at the time and I used our special homemade device to watch it and we videotaped it..I am sure it is around here somewhere.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - I love sunrises and sunsets, they are so peaceful and calming
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - my dad was on a mission for us to see certain things while we were young and this made the cut.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community - I live about 2 hours from amish country...LOVE IT!
36. Taught yourself a new language - french when I was a teenager cause I thought I'd make it to france eventually...and have since lost all but one sentence...which I don't think "how are you" will do me much good. (-:
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing -okay so it wasn't exactly rock climbing. It was rappelling, and it was out a 3rd story window, and I was pushed (as in the literal meaning) and I LOVED it. I would like to try rock climbing for real, but my brother is too busy to take me. )-:
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke - American Idol on the Wii - LOVE IT!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - a mom in front of me in line couldn't find her money so I paid for her lunch..she was so grateful.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - we do this every year we go to Assateague, and I love it. We like to take the kids at night to look at the ghost crabs, and sometimes my hubby and I sneak in a moonlight stroll on the beach...we love to look for shooting stars. It's so peaceful and relaxing!
46. Been transported in an ambulance - with a child I was babysitting.
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain - yeah, and it rocks!
53. Played in the mud - I am a farm girl so you know it! And I have walked in manure barefoot...but not since I grew up. LOL Makes you grow taller, I am 6 foot!
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class - kickboxing and it kicked my butt!
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason - And I love it when it happens, but it doesn't happen so much anymore. )-:
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - WHOOPS!
68. Flown in a helicopter - several times at the crab and craft festival near my house
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - My mom saved quite a few for me
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - with my parents, another childhood vacation
71. Eaten cavier.
72. Pieced a quilt - I am in the process of piecing one now...but we made doll quilts and christmas tree skirts that were pieced when I was young with my grandmom and I still have both.
73. Stood in Times Square - I was trying to make NYC a annual christmas trip, but I had to skip this year...but I love times square!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - Laid off count?
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - Is there any other way to ride one? I love riding on motorcycles, but I have been leary since we were riding one during bike week in Mrytle Beach and I watched a man get hit by a woman not paying attention-she ran a stop sign. We stopped till emergency vehicles got there and it was pretty traumatic for me. I trust my hubby's driving, but not other's driving around us, and my kids are still young so we just try to go on one ride a year or so.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - Our trip to Lake Powell, the grand canyon was a side trip
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - Won 1st place in a poster contest in 8th grade. My poster was printed and posted in schools all over the country. I still have it if anyone wants to see it. LOL
85. Read the entire Bible - When I was a young adult, I did....
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- I never actually did the killing, I am not into that, but my dad taught us how to skin deer and duck that he killed. My brother learned to hunt, but I wasn't that interested when my dad was trying to teach me.
88. Had chicken pox - i wish so i wasn't so worried about getting them!
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - Okay, maybe semi-famous...don't laugh....the naked cowboy in NYC. You know the guy that roams around NYC in his underwear. Yea, beware, he does grope...don't say I didn't warn you. LOL
92. joined a book club - briefly, but couldn't keep up on the reading.
93. Lost a loved one - My aunt doris and recently my grandfather
94. Had a baby - make that two
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone - reluctantly, and I can't find it half the time...ask my friends and family, they get annoyed at me all the time about it. (-:
99. Been stung by a bee - Many times. One time when I was young, I told my cousins I was leaving and never coming back, and I was going to hide in some bushes, and i walked right into a bees nest...needless to say I came right back. I actually got stung by something not too long ago taking the clothes off the clothesline.
100. Read an entire book in one day- Many times! If it grabs my attention, then nothing else does!

No comments: