Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap

Thanksgiving was divine...the smell of our turkey cooking was overwhelming, and I was starving!


When we arrived at my grandparent's farm, we walked down to the woods where my brother was cutting up another fallen tree. So here is the gang hanging out in the woods.


Allyson followed my grandmom upstairs so I snuck up to see what they were up to. They were having a great time as Ally tried on some hats. My daughter is named after my grandmom, and they are very close-what a blessing!

My sister in law Jamie with my youngest nephew James. This was James 1st Thanksgiving! He has gotten so big!

I have had on my mind to get an updated picture of the 4 generations of my mom's family so this would be my grandmom, my mom, my daughter, and me! This will definately be a keepsake! My son, Michael, took this shot for me! Thanks Mike!


We attacked my grandmom with kisses, what a great time! She got the giggles!



Then we began our feast! I couldn't get enough! I probably gained 20 pounds in one day, but it was so worth it!


After dinner, we watched the kids play in my nephew James' walker. They had a great time. Ally would fly down the ramp, and Colt would jump up onto the ramp and jump off just before Ally would hit him! Doesn't that sound fun?

Then when that was over, the kids had ice cream. Not sure who set them up, but they came in with spoons and containers of ice cream. Too funny! Ally's container was half full, Colt's was a little less.

It's not Thanksgiving without a food fight, and this year was no different. This is my cousin Adam with my brother. Luckily I was just far enough away not to be included, although I know my brother, and I was uneasy that I could be the next target. Didn't happen though! Poor Adam had pumpkin pie all down his back.

Then we had more ice cream!


Shared some laughs!


Then it was time to call it a night cause I had to be up by 2:30AM for Black Friday shopping!

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving! We sure did!

3 comments:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Awesome pics! Especially the one of Ally with the ice cream!

Kristen said...

I could use a tub of Breyers right now, it sounds yummy! I am glad you had a good thanksgiving, I love this holiday.

Samkay said...

That picture of Colt and Ally is so cute!!!! So glad your Thanksgiving was good. =]