Since today is Thanksgiving, I thought I would follow blogland tradition and list 10 things I am thankful for...there are so many things, but I'll try to condense it down to 10. (-:
Things I am thankful for today and everyday....
1. First and foremost, my family and their health! Everybody needs to feel loved and wanted, and they definitely do that for me....sometimes it can even be on overload. Ever tried shopping with four other people that want your constant attention? I constantly hear "mom" or "Tonya" during our whole shopping trip...they always want to show me things they think I will like or that they want. It can be a little overwhelming, but I just remind myself someday the kids will grow up, and I'll miss that, but I am sure that my dear hubby will compensate for their absence!
2. I am really thankful for my home. It is small, but definitely bigger than most of our rental houses, and we bought it on our own. Its something I am proud of. Someday we might move or build our "castle", but things could be worse so I am grateful for my house...the shell is just a house, but my family makes it "home".
3. I am very thankful that all of my grandparents are still alive! I am 34 years old, and I have had a very close relationship to all my grandparents. My kids know them as their grandparents and how special is that? All of my grandparents have been pretty interactive in my kids lives, and that has been such a blessing to me!
4. Friends are the spice of my life! They keep it real and add the comic relief that I need in dire situations. I love my friends! Amy, Shannon, Jen, Jamie, Holly...my friends rock! Love you guys, thanks for keeping it real! Without their friendships, I would be lost, and I treasure everyone!
5. My niece and nephews...Over the years, I have had the pleasure of watching my niece, Cory, grow up into a awesome person! We have so many memories of trips taken, time spent together! I love this girl, and I am so proud of her!
My nephews are still little, but what a blessing watching them grow! My nephew Colt is the same age as my daughter, and that is a wonderful blessing. I hope they can grow up close to each other. James is such a joy with his big smiles and laugh, he makes my heart melt!
6. I am thankful for my mini-van. I know I can hear the sighs from here, many would not be caught in a mini-van! But mini-vans rock, and I waited a long time for it! Mine has automatic doors, and a tv...two things I never would have looked for in a mini van, but I can not tell you how great the doors are for babysitting. I just hit the button on the remote, and the kids can start piling in! The tv I only let my daughter watch if we go on a long car rides or if we end up killing time waiting for the kids to be done robotics or soccer practice. It's definately been an unexpected blessing!
7. My parents. I am so thankful that they are so supportive of me and Fred. I don't know what I would do without them! They know we make mistakes, but they guide us, and forgive us. My mom loves Fred to death, and I can't tell you what a blessing that is!
I also have to add my father in law to this one! He is like a second dad to me cause he is always there to help in a pinch, whether with the kids, cars or house problems. We always know we can count on him! I am lucky to have him in our lives! And did I mention that he makes the best spaghetti sauce in the world!
8. Our extended families. Can you tell I am into family??? My aunts and uncles mean the world to me! I have several that I am pretty close to, and they have been invaluable to me!
Also I have to put in here that my husband's sister, Jen, has been a rock to me for many years and for that I am particularly thankful! She has been a shoulder to cry on and a partner in crime. Love her!
9. My husband having a job. For the past several years, I have been able to be a stay at home mom to my kids. I am so grateful that I have been able to do this. I babysit to help my hubby with some bills, but he handles most of it. With the economy like it is, layoffs have been happening a lot at his company, and we are so thankful that so far he has dodged the bullet. But should he get laid off, I know that he would find something to support his family, he is just that kind of guy, and I love him for it!
10. My husband. I put my hubby last because he knows he is first in my heart. He has been such a blessing to me over the years. We had our trials and tribulations in the beginning, but the past 8 years of our marriage have been awesome! He is very supportive of most things that I do or want to do. Okay, he wasn't thrilled that I ripped out the bathroom while he was at work, but it needed to be done. hehe. Did I mention he is forgiving?
One thing that I LOVE about my hubby is he lets me be "me". He doesn't control me, he doesn't make decisions for me, he lets me have the freedom to be me....any of you that know me in real life know that I am "independent" from oil changes to remodeling, I have to be able to do what I want...and hubby gives me that freedom. He rocks, and I could write 5 pages about how much I love him...and then probably another 5 pages about how he teases and annoys me. But when you can read a guy by his eyes, that pretty much does it for me! Smiling eyes do it for me! He'll love that I put that...
AND I AM SO THANKFUL FOR ICE CREAM!!!!!!
OH, AND BLACK FRIDAY, THE BEST SHOPPING DAY OF THE YEAR!
Okay I am dragging myself away from the computer now so I don't miss Thanksgiving dinner although I have another 50 things I could list. (-: