Saturday, October 25, 2008

"I'll get you my pretty..and your little dog too!"

My 2 year old daughter has a shoe fetish....shoes rule her world! She is known to go into my closet and scatter my shoes randomly about the house as she wears them all mismatched..it doesn't matter to her, a shoe is a shoe. One sneaker with a dress shoe. One flip flop with an aqua shoe. She is a trendsetter that one is, let me tell you!

But all this has changed since the ruby slippers have entered her life. I picked up a "Dorothy" dress from a yardsale awhile back. You couldn't beat the price, and I love finding Halloween costumes at rock bottom prices so I went on the hunt for ruby slippers....And low and behold, for once our local Walmart came through!

These ruby slippers have just made my daughter the happiest girl in town. She wants to wear them EVERYWHERE! She tried to wear them apple picking, but I didn't want them ruined before Halloween!


As a matter of fact, quite often she even sleeps with them like they are a security blanket. One morning, I went in her room while she was suppose to be sleeping, and she says "Mommy" with a huge grin, and then flips the blankets back holding her feet in the air...and guess what she had on!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to hear positive feedback.

I love the red shoes they are adorable. My little girl is too little yet to have clothing preferences but I can't wait until it happens.

I actually lived in Jersey for a while (Freehold) and we loved it but economy and the need to be closer to family brought me back to Michigan.