Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Big Brothers/Big Sister/Lil Sister shirts...

We have probably one more week until we get to meet our newest bundle of joy and before she gets here, I had to make each of my kids a shirt to proudly announce the arrival of their newest sibling . 

Enter my Cricut...
I had no idea that the Cricut was not only great for scrapbooking and cutting vinyl, but low and behold it also cuts fabric!!!  Using the Cricut, not only saves time cutting the fabric, but it cuts almost perfectly...certainly better than I could have freehand. 

If you're interested in the directions on how to cut fabric with the Cricut, check out Joy's Life for more information.

  I used no sew Heat and Bond to make this the simpliest project ever.  Just iron on the letters and they are permenantly attached.  It doesn't get easier than this!

So here is the one for our new addition....


And one for the BIG 4 year old sister!

Then my 14 year old felt left out...I didn't think he would wear one, but he begged me to make him one so here we go...



And then I couldn't leave out my 18 year old stepson, even though he probably won't wear his
 so here is the final results!


 These shirts probably took less than an hour to make! 

I will definately be using the Cricut to cut more fabrics becaue it was so easy!  


1 comment:

bred said...

I always like the t-shirts having some quotes printed on it. This looks good, the white t-shirt with black text. Really liked it & wants to make some pieces for myself.
Dress Shirts