Friday, December 11, 2009

Shhhh...it's a secret...

This Christmas I am trying to make most of my gifts which has caused Christmas Chaos around here!

I have been working on American Girl doll clothing for two of the little girls that I babysit. For the first time, I totally sewed from a pattern, and it was sooooo easy!!! I not sure why all of a sudden sewing is starting to make sense to me, but I am loving it and finally feel like I might just know what I am doing!

Here are just a few of the MANY outfits I have made.

I made this entire outfit and coat except the shoes. I was thrilled how easy it was to make the coat, and I really like the way it turned out! The sweater she is wearing was made from a dollar store sweater. The skirt was made from a dollar store Christmas tea towel.

I made this sweatsuit out of a pair of old sweatpants and then did a reverse applique to make the heart.


I really planned on making them both a Christmas dress for their dolls, but I am just not sure I am going to have the time because now I need to start on clothes for my daughter's doll for Christmas. I am hoping to redo a cradle she already has, make her some clothes for her doll and maybe a diaper bag. Wish me luck!

No comments: