Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Salt Dough Ornaments

Last Saturday, Michael, Ally and I made salt dough ornaments so we could decorate my grandmom's little tree at the nursing home.
Salt Dough Recipe
4 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
water
food coloring
Mix together, then knead..you can add food coloring as desired. Roll out on cookie sheet and using cookie cutters, cut shapes. We did this on the cookie sheet to prevent fragile mishaps. We also used a drinking straw to make a hole to hang as ornaments.
Bake at 325 degrees for apprx. 1/2 hour or until hard to the touch.
My grandmom enjoyed watching us decorate her tree, and I am sure it will bring her some comfort and a reminder of our love when she is alone. She loves Christmas so she was very happy that my Uncle gave her this tree, and that it is now decorated...

Get well Grandmom...We love you!

2 comments:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

We made salt dough ornaments last year. The boys loved it. We didnt use food coloring because they wanted to paint them different colors. We cut out trains, etc.

Unknown said...

Hey Tonya! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment about my wreath.

Those salt dough ornaments are adorable. I am planning on making some with my girls that they can paint too!

~Lanie