Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's 60th birthday....Happy Birthday Dad!

We celebrated with a family dinner last night and my cake class finally paid off as I got to decorate my first "real" cake.
Well the writing didn't go as well as I'd hope, my roses could use a little work,
but it wasn't too bad. Of course you haven't seen my pre-cake decorating cakes. (-:

Check out the hand in the above picture. I kept moving the cake away from everything to take a picture, and my darling little nephew, Colt, kept pulling it back to him whenever I went to take a picture. This went on for quite some time as we are both really stubborn. (-:


Here's Colt totally thinking it is his birthday. He couldn't wait! His birthday will soon be here in April though!

Michael got all the candles lit and then suddenly a stiff breeze kept blowing. Michael didn't mind lighting them again...like any 12 year old he is finds enjoyment in aim and flame's.

Happy Birthday Dad!

3 comments:

Samkay said...

Haha is Miss Ally naked in that last picture?? lol
Happy birthday Tonya's dad!!! :)

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Your cake looks great! And I love the pics of your dad as a kid.

Shawn said...

Aren't Dads the greatest! I am so blessed to have mine just 10 minutes away!

Your cake looks great!